Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Taco Seasoning

I love tacos! I don't care that much for the mixes. I really am trying to rid my self of packets and condensed soups. So when I saw this recipe, I just had to see how I could work with it. I have loved how it has turned out! The first time I mixed up a batch my husband wasn't home so my children said we had to make it when he was home. When I did he like it too! He didn't even add tons of hot sauce to it like he usually does. Which is kind of funny because this mix isn't hot or spicy. If it was my children would not eat it. I think it's the perfect blend and it goes great on Beef or Turkey. My husband said the only difference he could taste between the two is that the Beef one tasted "a little beefier". :] I said, "it's beef it probably should taste beefier." I double this recipe and store it in an air tight container ready to be used.
Taco Seasoning
Ingredients
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container. Two heaping tablespoons of mix equals about one store bought packet.
Turkey Taco's
Ingredients
1 pound Ground Turkey
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 heaping tablespoons of taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
8-10 whole wheat tortillas, or hard corn taco shells, or gluten free tortillas
lettuce
diced tomatoes
shredded cheese
salsa
sour cream
Directions
Cook ground turkey on stove until cooked through, drain. Return to heat and add tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Mix well. Cook for a few minutes until turkey and seasoning soak up tomato sauce. Heat refried beans on stove top until warm.
To assemble: take tortilla or hard taco shell, spread a spoonful of refried beans to cover the middle of the tortilla or hard taco shell. Next add one to two spoonfuls of turkey on top. Sprinkle with cheese, top with diced tomatoes, salsa, lettuce, and sour cream. If on a tortilla, roll. Serve and enjoy!
K2W4HT2Q8D3W

No comments:

Post a Comment