Thursday, September 23, 2010

Basic Cupcake

My little niece had a birthday a few weeks ago. They needed some cupcakes quick. So I whipped out these basic cupcakes. I didn't have the time to make frosting so I am extremely sad to say that this frosting is store bought. The sprinkles on top are gluten free and are made with evaporated cane juice. I should put those on a Fun Food Find Friday post for you to see. They are very yummy. Okay so back to the cupcakes. These are very delicious, easy to make, and can go with anything. I used a couple different recipes to come up with these. I hope you like them!
Basic Cupcake
Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup evaporated cane juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Pre heat oven to 350*F. In a medium bowl combine flour, evaporated cane juice, baking powder, and salt. Next add the eggs sour cream and vanilla and combine well. Pour into paper lined cup cake mold tins, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 16-19 minutes or until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool on a wire rack, then frost and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment