Monday, September 6, 2010

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

As I said last in Thursday's post, I've been using the crock pot/slow cooker more and more lately. When I came across this recipe I knew I just had to try it. I did make a bunch of changes and it was well worth it! It's nice to be able to make a barbecue chicken without just throwing in store bought sauce. My husband was so inspired he created his own barbecue sauce too. Now it's in the fridge and we love to use it. I'll have to post his recipe another day. Until then, try this savory barbecue chicken, yummy!!

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Ingredients
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
8 whole wheat hoggie buns, or Gluten Free tortillas
Directions
Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker. In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, evaporated cane juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and liquid smoke until well blended. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for 4 hours on high. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cut into small pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and cook for one more hour. Serve the chicken and sauce spooned into the hoggie buns or tortillas, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment