Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Apple Crisp

We have two apple trees in our back yard. One is a Golden Delicious and we've always eaten them, they're very good. The other one, I'm not sure what it is. The apples come very early and they are quite sour. I don't like sour. This year the apples were so huge! Some were even the size of a soft ball! So I decided to try them again, give them another chance. They were still a little sour, but not too much that I couldn't eat them right off the tree. We picked a lot of them. This is one of the things that I did with them. It is a very warm, cinnamony, low fat, just crunchy enough, with the perfect blend of sweet and sour really any one could ask for dessert. :] I got the original recipe here. I hope you like it as much as I did.
Apple Crisp
Ingredients
4 large apples (they don't have to be softball size, I didn't use ones that big:] )
1 cup LG flour mix
1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
1 tablespoons baking powder
1 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted (ICBINB)
Directions
Preheat oven to 300*F. Mix together flour, xantham gum, 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice, baking powder, egg, and vanilla. The mixture will look like cornmeal. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Mix together with 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Place apples in a greased 8 inch square pan. Spread flour mixture over the apples. Mix together 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkle over the top of the crisp. Drizzle with butter. Bake for one hour. Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment