Monday, September 13, 2010

Turkey Sausage

More and more I've been seeing recipes that I want to make that have sausage in them. So when I came across a turkey sausage recipe, I was more than excited. The only problem was it wasn't very good. So I went to work experimenting to come up with one that not only I liked but also my husband. I figured that if he liked it, then I could share it with you. So for you today I share my recipe, this is the one that my husband liked. You can also make great sausage patties. I've used this recipe several times and it is delicious!
Turkey Sausage
Ingredients
3 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon evaporated cane juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 pound ground turkey (I always use the 97% fat free)
Directions
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Place turkey mixture in pan and cook on medium on stove top. Continue to break up turkey so that it resembles cooked hamburger.
For patties: after combining all ingredients form into patties and cook on grill until cooked through. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment