Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crock Pot Swedish Meat Balls

These meatball are from my mom. They are so delicious, from what I remember anyways, very moist and tender with a rich creamy sauce. My husband and children love them. We usually don't have leftovers. Since school has started it seems that life has been even more busy. So I've been using the crock pot more and more. I was so excited about using these in the crock pot, and they turned out the same as if from the oven.
Crock Pot Swedish Meat Balls
Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tablespoon dried onions
2 eggs
20 crackers crushed
salt and pepper
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Directions
In a medium bowl mix beef, onion, eggs, salt and pepper, and crackers. Form into balls a little bigger than golf balls. In another bowl mix soups together and pour half of mixture in crock pot. Place meat balls in a single layer on top of soup mixture in crock pot. Pour the remaining soup mixture on top of the meat balls. Make sure to cover each one with the soup mixture. Cook on high for 6-7 hours. Serve on cooked rice or cooked quinoa.

1 comment:

  1. This is a family recipe I have used for years. I remember eating them at your grandma McArthers house. My mom (your grandma's sister) made them also when we were little kids. I have changed the recipe a little to where I add rice instead of crackers and serve it with mashed potatoes. One of my families favorites!! Good memories.

    ReplyDelete